Favourites!

  • Harry Potter
  • Little Women, Good Wives, Little Men, Jo's Boys
  • Lord of the Rings
  • Mister God, This is Anna
  • River God
  • The little Prince
  • Wheel of Time - the entire series

Saturday, April 19, 2008

IDEA STAR SINGER

I cmae to kochi last month only to find the whole state in the exciting throes of IDEA STAR SINGER. God!people seemed a little insane at times.

Well, i ended up watching a few episodes because the show was damn well slotted. 8 30, in a reality show crazy state, and even more so, a state full of music freaks. classical music freaks.

honesty compels me to admit that the final few contestants are waaay better than most of the indian singers ive heard in my short lifetime.

But, tonight, as i write this, the finals are happening. Out of the corner of my eye i can see some wierd people singing and dancing to some ancient malayalam song on the stage. But the reason for this blog is precisely that.

I just heard Arun Gopan sing. Oh Arun Gopan, if you're listening, you should know, i cried when i heard you sing in the second round. All those who've seen the movie 'His Highness Abdullah' and heard that absolutely fantastic song, not 'Pramadhavanam', the one with the two of them competing - hindustani and classical together, will remember the song. And Arun Gopan sang it to perfection. and i mean perfection.
When he finished, i realised I had tears in my eyes.

I dont think he'll win. He hasnt got enough votes anyhow. But he should know he deserves to win tonight. And so should many others.

No comments: